OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Mighty Myanmar Travel believes we are responsible to work on the improvement of sustainability in Myanmar Tourism Industry. Gladly, different initiatives are emerging all over the country standing for sustainable tourism and we want to be part of them. We are committed to provide responsible travel and amounts to conserving the environment you travel through, respecting the local communities and encouraging the local economy that you visit and minimizing negative environmental, socio-cultural and economic impacts of our product while increasing the positive impacts by adapting ‘Best practices’ of responsible travel.
Below are the insights on how we work towards offering you holidays in sustainable and fair way;
1. Practice “GREEN” in the workplace and lifestyle
2. Perform “Reduce , Reuse and Recycle” approach on our general consumption and waste management for a cleaner environment
3. Visit authentic communities, discover unknown places, contact with local people, learn about ancient traditions, experience local life and cultural diversity
4. Choose unique flavour, locally-produced and ethically-made food and products
5. Inspire sustainable behaviours by the presenting sustainable alternatives on innovative products and new experiences.
Our mission is to run our business practically and effectively, with respectful manner by taking efficient responsibilities of impacts on the Environment, Community and Economy. We care People, Planet, Profit and provide true products and right quality services with integrity and accountability using both proven and innovative practices in complied with sustainability.
This mission is made to inspire our action for future generations and to ensure that our products are safe and beneficial for its destinations and communities living there, in Myanmar.
THE MIGHTY MYANMAR'S SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
We aim to maximize positive impacts and minimize negative impacts at our office, destinations and communities living there.
We believe our internal management must first have in good order before we communicate with outside stakeholders. The Mighty Myanmar wants to be a good example for the staff and suppliers by minimizing the negative environmental effects and maximizing the positive effects of the office operations and activities, and by acting in a socially responsible way.
We commit to the following practices for our internal affairs;
- Abide by Myanmar Labour laws and employees receive appropriate earnings (living wage) for their performance at work, and are entitled to a fixed number of paid holidays each year.
- Equal opportunities, non-discrimination, Gender equality and mutual – respect in the working place.
- Support individual personal development of our employees by equally offering regular training and sustainability training
As a tour operator, we can reduce the negative environmental impacts on our own in the office. Currently, we are practicing below;
- Favour sustainable suppliers and products, whenever these are available and of sufficient quality.
- Focus on three objectives for waste management: reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Commit to reduce energy and water consumption by “Switch-Off” policy and water saving initiatives, which is monitored and implemented
- Support sustainable transport such as public transport and cycling (soft mobility).
PRODUCTS AND DESTINATIONS
We understand that all components of the tourist package, excursions and local entertainment often have a large impact on the destination itself.
- Deliver unique and sustainable experiences in our destinations as well as build sustainable elements into successful excursions.
- Prioritize our product on guest’s experience and suggest sustainable experiences which add values to the products and fit with client’s requests.
- Building relationships with communities and local businesses
- Support local economies by promoting local trade and Fair Trade suppliers which are more authentic, less commercial, and better quality.
- Support local communities and suppliers to understand tourism and develop skills
- Do not offer visiting Orphanage school and fight against Child Sex Tourism.
- Conscious of Animal Welfare issues and Wild and Captive animals spotlight heavily in tourism activity programmes.
- Decreasing the negative impacts and increasing the positive ones of the environmental issues on the destinations we use and aware direct impacts of our products.
- Favour destinations with good-quality local labour or where training programmes are in place to increase the number of local employment in tourism.
- Avoid destinations where unacceptable labour conditions or working practices such as forced labour or child labour are common or where there is an unacceptable level of human rights abuses.
- Endorse sustainable developing projects or programmes of the destination by visiting and/or donating in cash or in kind.
The level of sustainability of our product supply is directly related to the sustainability level of our suppliers.
The accommodation plays a vital role to achieve our sustainability goals. Hotels -which are stayed by most tourists have socio-cultural and economic effects. We prefer and select accommodations that are;
- sustainably certified (eg. Travelife certification)
- sustainability goals and strategies
- locally owned and managed, employ local communities
- have child protection policy or zero tolerance policy of sexual exploitation of children
- support local cultural activities
- serve locally produced food and use locally produced souvenirs (we do not support some souvenirs which are produced illegally with materials taken from protected animals or plants (e.g. turtle, ivory, coral, orchids etc.).
Transport is responsible for the largest environmental impact. Motorised holiday transport is mostly based on fossil fuels. Airplanes use kerosene, and cars and coaches run on petrol, gasoline or gas. These impacts contribute to air pollution and CO2 emissions.
- Encourage our ground handlers to use new model vehicles as much as they can.
- Support sustainable driving techniques by sending letters and sustainable guidelines.
- Optimise sustainable travel options; (public) transport especially transport to departure airport, Train and cycling.
- Actively search for Ground Handlers which we trust to deliver local benefits through unique experiences.
Regarding questions and remarks related to our sustainability policy and practices, please contact to "firstname.lastname@example.org" _ Htin Gyi @ Daniel, Managing Director