DAY 1: YANGON ARRIVAL (-/-/-)
Once arrive to the Yangon International Airport you will be warmly welcomed by our local guide for your transfer to your hotel in the city. Yangon â€“ the colonial city otherwise known as South East Asia Garden City is dizzying combination of old and new: modern business buildings, historical and cultural heritage of centaury old golden shimmering pagodas, its impressive age old colonial mansions sit side-by-side bustling restaurant and bars.Check in to your hotel. Then you will start your excursion to Sule Pagoda the excellent landmark of Yangon and leisurely walk along the streets lined with the British Colonial era buildings passing through the Mahabandoola Park. From here set off to Bogyoke Aung San Market, this sprawling over 80 years old market has the largest selection of Myanmar traditional handicrafts, cotton, silk, jewellery and all kind of souvenirs you will find under several roofs.You will also travel out of downtown to Kandawgyi Lake with spectacular photo opportunities of Karaweik Barge, the lake and the Shwedagon Pagoda. From here take a short visit to 70 metre-long Chaukhtetgyi Reclining Buddha for a great insight into Buddhism. End your day with a visit to the 2,500 years old Shwedagon Pagoda, the highlight of any trip to Myanmar perhaps one of the most beautiful pagoda complex in Asia. From there you will be escorted back to your hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 2: YANGON – BAGAN (B/-/-)
After checking out from hotel, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Bagan. On arrival, our station guide will welcome you for full day sightseeing in Bagan. This deserted ancient city alongside the Irrawaddy River was once the capital of Myanmar from 11th to 13th centuries. Home to over 2,000 temples and pagodas, and by far its largest attraction, is one of the most remarkable archaeological sites in Asia and represents the spiritual heritage of ancient Burma. Begin your journey with a visit to colourful Nyaung U Market where every day the locals come to buy and sell fresh produce and other goods.Â From here you will visit the most famous pagoda in Bagan the Shwezigone. The stupa is a graceful bell shape became the prototype for Myanmar's pagodas. Today excursion also includes the significant sights of this ancient city such as Kyanzittha Umin with unique wall paintings of 13th century of Mongolian, Gu-Byauk-Gyi Temple that features amazingly fine frescos showing scenes of Buddha`s life. Explore the Htilo-Minlo Temple which is famous for its traces of old murals, original fine plaster carvings and glazed sandstone decorations. Morning visit concludes with Ananda Temple, one of the finest, largest and best preserved temple and Thatbyinnyu Temple, the highest building in Bagan.After lunch break, the return to your hotel for some refreshment and relaxation. Resume afternoon visit to Dhammayangyi Pahto and Sulamuni Pahto. The former one is famous for its massive-walled temple and the later one is known for the last finest architecture of 12 century temple styles. Evening visit also includes traditional lacquer-ware workshops in Myinkaba village as for Myanmar’s contemporary arts and crafts. End of the day enjoy sunset at Pyatthatgyi Paya or one atop of Bagan's temple. With a transfer back to your hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 3: BAGAN – POPA – BAGAN – YANGON (B/-/-)
Optional Activity: Ballooning Over Bagan A truly unique and unforgettable experience of a breath-taking ride in a hot-air-balloon over the ancient city of Bagan during sunrise! You will be astounded and amazed by the beauty and diversity of the temples and stupas below you. From a hot air balloon drifting over the ancient temples and pagodas you will be amazed by the most beautiful sunrise. As the ride is optional, don’t forget to book it the previous day. Further sightseeing of Bagan, you will drive off together to Mount Popa, the flower mountain. A little oasis, Mount Popa is the home of the most powerful Nats (sacred spirits) and offers an entrancing view across the plains of upper Myanmar. 777 steep stairs lead up to high peak of its extinct volcanic vent (Taungkalat) with pagodas and small temples perched at the summit (the climb is optional!).After sightseeing around Popa, you will head back to Bagan plain with beautiful sceneries. En route visit Shwe Hlaing Village, located just outside of Bagan on the way to or from Mount Popa, this rural village makes its living by producing various items from the toddy palm trees. You will have some time to walk around the village and observe how to make Myanmar's Candy and liquor at toddy climber's hut. It is then back to Bagan for your flight back to the garden city Yangon. Your final overnight stay of Myanmar will be spent in Yangon.
DAY 4: YANGON DEPARTURE (B/-/-)
This may be the end of your beautiful journey but you will still have time to explore the garden city on your own. It time to say goodbye and you will be then transferred to the airport for your departure flight to home.
Our service includes:
- Accommodation at the hotels in double/ twin or single room occupancy including breakfast
- English-speaking station guide service
- Transportation for excursion and sightseeing by a private air-condition car with driver
- Boat excursion from Nyaung Shwe to Hpe Kone via Sagar Village
- Meals mentioned in program (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Admission fees and zone fees for the visits mentioned in above program
- Mineral water and refreshment
Our Service does not include:
- International travel insurance
- International flight ticket arrangement
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Drinks, personal expenses and tips at hotel, etc.
- Meals other than mentioned in program (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Any other services not mentioned in inclusions
- There is a hotel surcharge and some extra compulsory services for reservations in special times (New Year, Christmas, etc.).Any change of the itinerary or number of participants is subject to price change.
- For any modification of date or itinerary the prices can be revised.
- Usually room available only from 14:00 on the arrival date to 12:00 on the departure date. Depending on the hotels policy, the supplement will be added for early check-in or late check-out.
- The cost of the air tickets are subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.