MANDALAY – PYIN OO LWIN – HSIPAW – MANDALAY
7 Days 6 Nights
DAY 1: MANDALAY – PYIN OO LWIN (-/-/-)
Leave Mandalay for two hour scenic dive to Pyin Oo Lwin (May Myo), a former British hill station, located in the Shan hills east of Mandalay. It features many examples of colonial architecture including brick and timber houses, transport in traditional stagecoaches and a beautiful botanical garden. Pyin Oo Lwin is also called the Myanmar's highland city of flowerswhich blooms here all year around. Its forested country lanes provide a welcome respite from the heat of the plains.Upon arrival, visit Church of the Immaculate Conception 100 years old brick church with a bell tower and a cruciform floor plan. Continue to Candacraig Hotel, an unspoiled example of British colonial architecture in Asia. This beautiful and atmospheric colonial relic in peaceful grounds was built in 1904 as a recreation facility for employees of the British Bombay Burma Timber Company. A good place for a photo stop when you visit Pyin Oo Lwin which is also used as a filming location by local people.Today visit also includes the Botanical Gardens (National Kandawgyi Gardens) which features many collection of flora, orchids of various species in orchid garden, dahlia gardens, and rose gardens, many exotic fruits, lakes and shady trees. After leisurely stroll around the gardens, explore the Colonial town centre by horse-drawn wagons for a time travel. Your overnight stay will be spent in Pyin Oo Lwin.
DAY 2: PYIN OO LWIN – HSIPAW (B/-/-)
After a satisfying breakfast at your hotel, you will be brought to the railway station for scenic journey to Nawnpeng via the Gokteik Viaduct, the second highest railway bridge in the world which spans a 300-meter deep gorge in the Shan mountains. The train pass between beautiful Shan Mountains, rice fields, flowerbeds, strawberry farms and small villages, you can enjoy watching farmers working on their farmyard.Upon arrival of Nawngpeng Station; meet your driver to proceed to Hsipaw by car. Hsipaw, or Thibaw, as it is called in Myanmar, is one of the oldest of the northern Shan cities and throughout history, the Sawbwa or Shan Chief of Hsipaw had close relations with the Myanmar kings. You will probably arrive in the late afternoon and you will have some time to explore this charming town partly on foot, partly by car. Stay overnight in Hsipaw.
DAY 3: HSIPAW TREK (LISU VILLAGE) (B/L/D)
This early morning meet your designated local guide at hotel and you will be transferred to the trekking point which is located outside of Hsipaw (northern part) by tuk tuk. The ride will take you around 20 minutes and upon arrival you will start full day trekking to Palaung and Lisu Villages. The trails pass through the most unique and remote villages and through some of the most stunning jungle, set delightfully in high tea plantations with glorious views. The hiking offers a mixture between hillside walks and steep jungle and bamboo forest walk.Lunch will be served at local house and then continue the trek to Lisu Village. Along the way you will have to chance to explore tea plantations, which is the main career and income of Lisu and Palaung people. Stop, look, listen and ask your guide about the life teeming around you.Spending one night on the trek in the village home of the welcoming tribes and with the help of our guide, you will be able to learn more about their culture and tradition. Enjoy dinner prepared by villagers and your overnight stay will be spent at local house.
Total Walking Hours : approximately 7 hours Trekking Level : Middle level trek & hike
DAY 4: HSIPAW TREK (PANG KHAR VILLAGE) (B/L/D)
After having lunch you will start to walk along the path which our local guide will lead by different way and village for some parts of trek. Meet friendly tribal people from different ethnic groups in their homes and at their work and experience their way of life.While having lunch, our guide will stoke your curiosity of the local people with stories about the lives and traditions of hill tribes in Hsipaw. Continue afternoon trek to next Palaung village by passing through Shan Blue Mountains. You may also visit monastery and will have an opportunity to learn about the life of the local monks. Dine with villagers and join a variety of cultural activities. Stay overnight at local house.
Total Walking Hours : approximately 7 hours
Trekking Level : Middle level trek & hike
DAY 5: HSIPAW TREK (KUN HAWT VILLAGE) (B/-/-)
Breakfast will be served at local house. Resume the trek and you will walk up to the hills and pass through beautiful mountain ranges to reach the next village of Kun Hawt. It is interesting to witness the rural lives of local villagers collecting tea leaves on the hill sides. Once arrive to the village, you may visit one of the local house and learn the interesting process of making wet tea, dry tea and sweet tea powder from the fresh green tea. After having lunch and some refreshment it's time to say good bye and you will then walk back to the trekking point. Escort you to the hotel in Hsipaw by tuk tuk.
Total Walking Hours : approximately 3 hours
Trekking Level : Middle level trek & hike
DAY 6: HSIPAW (B/-/-)
Breakfast at hotel, you are going to visit the morning market. Market is one of the most attracting sights for a morning walk in Hsipaw. The villagers around Hsipaw come down to this market to sell all the vegetables from their garden, foods and it's also a good chance to explore the local daily life.Enjoy some sightseeing around the city with its fruit farms, Shan Palace and the Dokhtawaddy River. Visit 160 years old Bamboo Buddha Monastery on the way there, you would want to take a look Nat shrine Koe Myo Shin and one of the most attractive places known as Little Bagan at the Northern Suburb where is photogenic for your memory.
The place you should not miss is the panoramic view of Hsipaw and Dokhtawady River from Nine-Buddha Hill, also known as Sunset Hill. Stay overnight in Hsipaw.
DAY 7: HSIPAW - Mandalay (B/-/-)
Check out from hotel and you will be driven back to Mandalay via the beautiful scenic roads. Made a photo stop at Goketwin viewpoint to enjoy the fine views of surroundings where you can also see different typed of cars and trucks roar through the winding road of Goketwin Valley. Then drive directly back to Mandalay, relax and enjoy the scenic view along the way back.
Our service includes:
- Accommodation at the hotels in double/ twin or single room occupancy including breakfast
- Home stay at local house during trekking in Hsipaw area
- English-speaking station guide service at each destination
- Transportation for excursion and sightseeing by a private air-condition car with driver
- Meals mentioned in program (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Admission fees and zone fees for the visits mentioned in above program
- Mineral water and refreshment
Our Service does not include
- International travel insurance
- International flight ticket arrangement
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Drinks, personal expenses and tips at hotel, etc.
- Meals other than mentioned in program (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Any other services not mentioned in inclusions
- There is a hotel surcharge and some extra compulsory services for reservations in special times (New Year, Christmas, etc.).Any change of the itinerary or number of participants is subject to price change.
- For any modification of date or itinerary the prices can be revised.
- Usually room available only from 14:00 on the arrival date to 12:00 on the departure date. Depending on the hotels policy, the supplement will be added for early check-in or late check-out.
- The cost of the air tickets are subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.